Photobucket
Photobucket" class="active" /> Photobucket" /> Photobucket" alt="slideshow image 3" /> Photobucket" alt="slideshow image 4" /> Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by to peek at my blog! Here you will find my most recent sessions and up-to-date information. Feel free to come by anytime. And if you like what you see, please leave me a comment and let me know that you stopped by to visit!

52 Fridays, Week 16: "Mother Earth"

This week's theme is "Mother Earth". I grew up in the Puget Sound area of Washington State and while I complain about the rain we can get (and it's been a lot lately), I actually feel very fortunate to live in an area that has a pretty mild climate. We have it pretty easy here compared to others who have been dealing with all the natural disasters that have been happening lately. My heart goes out to the people whose lives have been shattered by the hurricanes, earthquakes, and last night - tornadoes. I just can't even imagine what these people have gone through, losing their homes and loved ones. So, I will quit complaining about the rain and enjoy each day as a blessing - because each one really is. From where I live, I can step outside and not only see the Puget Sound, but I can smell the salt water and hear the jet skis on summer days. Then on the other side of town, I can see this majestic view of Mt. Rainier. I don't know where else I could live and have water on one side of me, the mountains on the other, and be a drive away to the countryside. It's really a beautiful place to be and I can't imagine living anywhere else.






Now head on over to Hannah Mayo/West Palm Beach FL Lifestyle Portrait Photographer to see her take on this week's theme!

8 comments:

KellyW said...

What a beautiful place to live! You are very lucky indeed. Beautiful shot too :)

emily horton said...

Beautiful, beautiful! You do live in an incredible part of our country! I only see a site like that on vacation or on a postcard. You are luckY!

Andrea said...

Simply Gorgeous shot of my hometown mountain....I grew up in Puyallup.

Krista said...

Wow! Beautiful picture! I used to live in Bremerton and we could see mt. Rainier from our house as well. Brought back some great memories!

Jayme Franklin {SF Bay Area Childrens Photographer} said...

Absolutely stunning. I love it!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

Gorgeous ... Love this Kelly.

Hannah said...

Wow. This is utterly breathtaking.

Lisa Turner said...

Holy gorgeous!

Post a Comment